Friday, April 20, 2012

Evaluation- Comparing my products use of conventions to a real media product

This is a clear comparison of my contents and title pages with actual products. As visible both my products display logos, like the actual media product 'SPORT' (bottom left-hand corner). This clearly indicates the author or company which has composed the product, which in my case is Trinity School itself which indeed the target audience is all familiar with. Also, my bold, centred and colourful titles stand out to promote the subject of the magazine (sport) and to attract the attention of potential readers; as does the real media product which clearly displays 'SPORT' to inform audiences of the magazines topic. However, its title is more exclaimed due to its larger font size and direct plainess. Furthermore, the actual product displays conventional cover lines on its page whereas my product does not which in turn does not promote my magazine as much and may suggest little skill level has been used to create it. Moreover, my images are not central and dominant as they are in the real media product which results in a more pronounced and professional look to it.  Also 'SPORT' magazine uses alternations in colour and a consistent layout to make their magazine more attractive to the passing eye whereas my magazine pages are still as colourful but not as well presented which may deter potential readers as it may give out an disorganised format.  

No comments:

Post a Comment